Choose Dean & Co to open your door to the right tenant...
At Dean & Co Lettings and Management we are a qualified, licensed and professional letting agent who take care of all the necessary requirements to let your property successfully. The department opened in 2007 with a handful of properties and we have continued to expand our rental portfolios in East and West Sussex. Communication with our Landlords is the key to a successful relationship, and we want you to benefit from our specialist knowledge of the lettings market to achieve the best possible rent and tenant in a speedy time frame. We believe in maintaining
Quality Tenants, Quality Standards, Quality Properties.
With us you can expect a more responsive, flexible service and believe our depth of experience and local knowledge of lettings and management is a great benefit to both new and existing clients. Most of our new business is obtained by recommendation from existing clients. We offer a bespoke service, working closely with our sales department. We can advise on the most suitable buy to let properties, keep you up to date with regulations and information required to become a successful landlord. As an independent company we take a personal interest in giving you the best possible service and removing the worry of negotiating complex legal issues when letting your property.
For your protection, we are members of the following trade and regulatory bodies:
ARLA - The Association of Residential Lettings Agents - is a professional membership and regulatory body for the residential lettings industry.
DPS - Deposit Protection Scheme – Where tenants deposits are held securely.
Before we begin the process of letting your property, we carry out the following:
Tailor a service to suit you from introduction only through to a full management package.
We will arrange a convenient time to call at your home to -
Take both internal and external digital photographs of your property using our top of the range professional camera equipment, with emphasis on its major character/features.
We will require photographic ID from you along with proof of your home address, via a bank statement or utility bill, such as council tax and proof of ownership.
Property particulars are forwarded to our ever-growing regularly updated database of tenants by email or post. Calls will be made to those we think might be particularly interested in your property using our sophisticated matching process through our property software system, prior to launching them onto the major property portals to which we subscribe and onto our own websites.
Our marketing strategies include the following:
- A 'To Let’ board can be erected, despite the growth of internet property searches a high percentage of enquiries and viewings come from our boards
- A full colour brochure with detailed description of your property including high quality photography
- Extensive internet advertising on the UK’s number one property portal Rightmove, along with other leading internet sites such as OntheMarket.com, our own website to ensure maximum exposure to the property market. Our own website is also mobile, so tenants can search our properties with ease whilst on the move. We invest in search engine optimisation so that our sites stay high on web searches
- Registered prospective tenants are contacted from our regularly updated database.
- Large prominent window displays showing internal and external photographs as well as a brief description
- Social media marketing via Facebook and twitter
- Accompanied viewings by our experienced staff, who will liaise access with existing tenants if present or once you have given us permission to do so. No potential tenants can view a property unaccompanied and we are familiar with many key systems and alarms. We recommend a set of keys is securely left with us to ensure you remain hassle-free
- Regular feedback from viewings
Progression of Rental Process
- Holding deposit taken - once you are happy with a tenant, a deposit equivalent to 1 weeks rent is collected. This secures the property for a new tenant and agrees the let subject to referencing. At this point we will provide them the referencing forms, and commence the referencing process, we will clarify what date they will be looking to move in.
- Once prospective tenants are fully interviewed it is followed by full reference and credit check by an external company who make use of an affordability calculator to confirm the tenant’s income is sufficient, an employer’s reference and a previous landlord’s reference are sourced. This process is usually turned around swiftly and once we have confirmation, we can confirm a move in date
- Shortly before the new tenant moves in an inventory report and meter readings will be taken by our independent inventory company who will carry out a schedule of condition known as a ‘inventory’. This protects both landlord and tenant when it comes to disputes over deposit. A thorough inspection of the property followed by a report by an impartial party will leave no doubt as to the condition the property is taken in. This is also relevant for furnished lets, as an inventory will be taken of any furniture / appliances that are in the property and can be verified upon the ‘check out’.
- Deposits held by DPS an independent and recognised not-for-profit organisation
- Prior to the day of occupation, the tenant will sign an assured shorthold tenancy agreement.
- After tenants move in, we will write to the water company and council tax offices to advise them on the change of occupier and provide full meter readings. You will also receive the first month’s rent less any deductions.
The first of our services is our introduction only option and this includes all the services outlined above. In this case, we will find you a tenant, then fully reference them and organise the move in before handing the management of the property back to you. This allows you to use our extensive marketing to advertise the property and helps you find the best tenant! This option usually suits hands on landlords that may already have tradesman of choice and want to manage their own property portfolio.
FEE FOR THIS SERVICE IS VARIABLE BUT IS USUALLY CHARGED AT THE EQUIVALENT OF 2 WEEKS RENT PLUS £60 (inc VAT) AGREEMENT FEE & SCHEDULE OF CONDITION FEE RANGING FROM £120 (inc VAT) TO £240 (inc VAT) DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF THE PROPERTY.
We also offer a full management service which is the most popular and common selection. In this instance, not only do we carry out all the actions above, but once the new occupiers have moved in, we will be deal with any problems or issues that may arise, be their only point of contact and organise any trades going in to repair any problems that may develop.
FEE FOR THIS SERVICE IS VARIABLE BUT IS USUALLY CHARGED AT 12% (inc VAT) OF THE MONTHLY RENT PLUS VAT AT 20% (TOTAL OF 10% LESS VAT) PAYABLE MONTHLY.
We have an extensive list of approved contractors from plumbers to electricians and gardeners to handymen. If a problem was to arise with your property and we were alerted by the tenants, a tradesman will be sent to rectify the problem or quote for the work. If works are minimal and the price nominal, we will have the issue resolved and the contractor’s invoice will be deducted from the next rent payment. If the issue is more serious or expensive you will of course, be alerted first and asked how you want us to proceed.
Our dedicated lettings team will carry out regular inspections of the property. You will then be sent a report detailing the inspection and any issues that are of note. Inspection benefits both landlord and tenant.
ALL MONIES HELD ARE DONE SO UNDER THE TERMS OF THE PROPERTY REDRESS SCHEME AS SET OUT BY THE PROPERTY OMBUDSMAN OF WHICH WE ARE REGISTERED WITH.
ALL MONIES ARE HELD UNDER THE CLIENT MONEY PROTECTION SCHEME APPROVED BY ARLA AND DILAPIDATION DEPOSITS REGISTERED AND PLACED WITH THE DEPOSIT PROTECTION SERVICE.
Please contact the office to discuss further if you have any questions regarding our fees.Call 01273 721061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org